The company is a well established manufacturer of Educational Furniture and Stadium Seating products. Educational furniture is delivered to schools and other public/private sector organisations throughout the UK. Stadium seating systems are supplied and installed to customers in the larger European market.
We recognise that our production and distribution activities have negative environmental impacts and as a responsible producer we have a duty to minimise such impacts.
The Executive Directors working through all employees take this duty seriously and are committed to:
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulation and Codes of Practice.
- Minimising waste from production processes and diversion from land-fill.
- Maximise recycling of waste streams from our production processes and ensure maximum recyclability of our product range.
- Maximising the efficient use of electricity, gas, water and compressed-air.
- Preventing the pollution of air, water and land.
- Achieving continual improvement in environmental performance including energy and water management.
These commitments will be positively achieved by:
- Implementing a documented environmental management system (EMS) based on the ISO : 14001 International Standard.
- Setting and monitoring progress towards environmental objectives and improvement targets.
- Carrying out scheduled audits of the EMS to assess its operational effectiveness and achievement of improvement targets.
- Providing sufficient resources and employee training so that they are aware of, comply with the environmental programmes/improvement targets and understand their role within them.
- Working with suppliers and customers to encourage the adoption of environmentally responsible practices.
- Operating plant, equipment and vehicles in the most efficient practical manner supported by preventative maintenance.
- Identifying, reporting and recording environmental incidents to take corrective action to eliminate cause(s), pollution damage and prevent recurrence.
- Consulting with neighbours and local communities where our activities may impact on the environment.
This Policy issued by the Directors is included on the company web site to make it publicly available.